- 1 Career in Environmental Science
Career in Environmental Science
Environmental Science: All the Human Beings thought that, there are the most intelligent of God’s creations, have caused the worst damage to the nature and its harmony. Acid rain, Loss of biodiversity, Stratospheric Ozone depletion, mangrove destruction and Tropical deforestation has all come to a point where they seem either irreversible or too costly to mitigate. There are all negative consequences to see- Sea level is rising, land degradation is apparent, more frequent or intense flooding of river and coastal areas, Long-drawn droughts, unpredictable climate changes have already started affecting us.
Here to measure the environmental factors & offer Technical Solutions, the Environmental Scientists and Engineers work to maintain a sustainable lifestyle and come up with innovative applications of scientific and engineering principles and concepts for environmental modeling and damage control.
Environmental Science careers encompass all the jobs related to researching, monitoring and controlling our atmospheric, terrestrial and aquatic environment. It is that Environmental Sciences occupy various departments like to cover Atmospheric Sciences, Microbiology, Climate Management, Energy management, Environmental Chemistry, Water Management, Oceanography and Environmental Technology. This Environmental Science degree helps to lead a job in the Environmental Sector or in the other different related areas.
What Is Environmental Science?
Environmental Science is a multidisciplinary Field to grab a chance to job in any Environment related sector. This is an integration of the Physical, Biological and Earth Sciences, Which describes how the Earth Works and Supports life. Identifying the Natures systems, we will seek to control the disruption due to human activities. By saving Environment means not only to save the human health but also protecting several other life forms or species that are on the disappearing stage.
Thus, the Environmental scientists investigate the Source of Problems and device strategies to fight with them. It includes the work with the industry. To reduce the garbage and pollution, cleaning up Contaminated Areas, and make the planet cleaner and Greener.
What do Environmental Scientists actually do?
As an Environmental Expert, If the situation demands you should have to travel around the World or Work from home. Most of the Careers of Environmental Science there is some kind of blend between desk job and Fieldwork. And they also focus on the physical, mathematical and written studies.
The environmental scientists have to research on the pollutants or health hazards; they should have to collect the data from water, air and soil samples and make to analyze them. They also have to prepare reports and presentations to document and explain them about their findings.
They have to conduct the inspections of businesses and factories to check if they are adhering to government rules and regulations or not. And should keep eye contact on the practices they are following and prevent creation of new Environmental Hazards.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- First student must love Nature, and have good technology as well as communication skills. They should have the knowledge about knowledge to understand a problem, define well and able to collect or analyze data related to it.
- Research and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work in all kinds of environment, developed through field- work experience.
- Ability to plan, gather and analyze projects. And also communicate the complex technical data to others.
- A Board understanding of local, national and global environmental issues.
- Numerical and IT Skills, developed through the application of Statistics and Measurement Techniques.
- And finally, have a Board understanding of local, national and global environment issues.
Career Options available:
- An Environmental Science degree opens up several career opportunities for you. Each one can offer a different kind of lifestyle, work conditions, Scope and Remuneration.
- Environment Policy, Management and planning are required to intense research work for government jobs.
- Soil and plant Scientists, Ecologists or Micro biologists may be engaged by Govt Agencies.
- Environmental Consultants help in setting up manufacturing units according to legal specifications, Suggest and implement remedial measures for a particular problem in the area, setting up a sanitation and hygiene plan.
- Horticulturists, Zoologists, Wildlife Conservationists and Foreign Rangers often have a mix of indoor and outwork door which is indoors and out work door which is often to a particular location.
- As a Meteorologist or Oceanographer, you may work in the laboratory with advanced computer models or spend your time at sea studying weather and other related subjects.
How much Environmental Scientists Earn?
- In India, Environmental Engineers make around Rs 4 to 5 Lakh per annum while Scientists earn around Rs6 to 7 Lakh per annum on an average. And as an Environmental and health Safety Managers, you can easily earn around Rs 10 to 11 Lakh per annum.
- You may also find jobs as an Environmental Science teacher, journalist, and researcher in various Companies.
Top Colleges and Institutes offering Environmental Science and Engineering Courses:
You can do M.Sc in Environmental Science from:
- Amity University (AU Noida), Noida.
- B.R. Ambedkar Open university, Hyderabad.
- The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara.
- Fergusson College (FC Pune), Pune.
- Cochin university of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kochi.
- Punjab University (PU).
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi.
- Indian institute of Ecology and Environment, Delhi. And others etc.
You can do B.tech in Environmental Engineering from:
- Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad.
- Delhi Technology University, Delhi.
- Tamilnadu Agriculture University (TNAU), Coimbatore.
- Amity University, Jaipur.
- Bharat University (BU), Chennai.
- Adamas University, Kolkata.
- Andhra University (AU), Visakhapatnam.
- Hindusthan College of Science and Engineering and Technology (HCST), Mathura.
- Assayer institute, Noida.
You can also do:
- Tech in Environmental Science and Engineering from jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi.
- BE in environmental Engineering, M.E. in Heat power engineering or M.Tech in Energy Technology from Rajiv Gandhi Praudyogiki Vishwa-Vidyalaya, Indore.
- And Also Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Pollution Control Technology (affiliated to University of Mumbai’s Garware Institute of Career Education and Development) or Sustainable Environment management from SIES Indian Institute of Environment Management, Mumbai.
Here we will give all the required information about the Career in Environmental Science and others. So bookmark our page for latest and fast updates and follow us on the Facebook, google plus etc. Thank you for visiting JOBSQ.