CIVIL SERVICE PRELIMS EXAMINATION PREPARATION TIPS
Civil Service Prelims Examination (also known as CSAT) is one of the national wide prestigious exams conducted by the Union Public Service Commission of India. This year, plenty of students are trying to apply for Civil Services Examination. This year 2016 exam also conducting in the same pattern of the 2015 exam. Students are increasing every year to write the exam. As per change pattern General Studies paper-2 is only for qualification. This paper marks doesn’t count for merit. See the below variations of Civil Service Prelims Exam.
- Having an engineering graduate and having experience in writing competitive exams they are gaining from the CSAT exam. But this year it won’t happen due to general studies paper 2 is not counted for merit.
- Those who are studying humanities as a subject they getting behind prelims previously. But now they can move forward with the new changes.
- Who are studied up to 10th in their local language they can overcome reading comprehension problem in prelims exam.
- Till now only Hindi and English medium only available to write the exam. But, now it is available in 18 local languages.
For all these above changes General Studies Paper-1 importance is increased. Aspirant winning chances are based on this paper only. Totally General Studies paper-1 is becoming more difficult.
Civil Service Examination Preparation Tips:
How to Prepare General Studies Paper-1:
- Read the question carefully and try to understand it completely, then give the answer.
- Before making choice know the exact answer.
- Check all the alternatives and take exact decision.
- If any opposite word be careful with it.
- If any unknown words found trying to understand them based on the situation.
- Any new words found split them to understand.
- Signal words will be given in some question, find out them to get an answer.
How to Prepare General Studies Paper-2:
- Try to start with Quantitative Aptitude and take sufficient time to finish this part. You have to get the minimum marks on it.
- Next start the reasoning paper. If you any doubt in answer to any question it’s better to leave.
- Then go for an English Comprehension paper here you get as many as possible marks to score.
- Later clear the decision making part.
- Finally, don’t exit from the examination hall early, try to reanalyze your paper once again.
Note: Cut off marks will be given based on the qualifiers marks.
This is all about Civil Services Prelims Examination preparation tips. Please share this article to your beloved friends. For Civil Service Mains Exam preparation tips, please see our other article.