- Combined Defence Services Exam Details
- Indian Military Academy (IMA):
- Officers Training Academy (OTA):
- Indian Naval Academy (INA):
- Indian Air Force Academy:
- Age Limits for Combined Defence Services Exam:
- Educational Qualifications for Combined Defence Services Exam:
- Examination Pattern: Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy
- Qualities for Officers:
Combined Defence Services Exam Details
The Combined Defence Services Exam is conducted yearly two times by UPSC for Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, Indian Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. Defence sector offers very exciting career to young men and women. Most of the young Indians feel it is honor to work with Armed forces and feels it is an adventure to work. UPSC conducts this Combined Defence Services exam in an Objective type. Those who are qualified in this test will be called for Interview which is conducted by the Services Selection Board.
Indian Military Academy (IMA):
Those who are selected in interview for the Indian Military Academy will be trained at Dehradun IMA. A trainee will be referred in IMA as a Gentleman Cadet. IMA will teach to the cadet’s highest moral and ethical values. The IMA believes in these words, those are “The welfare, safety and honor of your country are always coming first and every time. The welfare, honor and comfort of the men you command come next. And every time for your own ease, comfort and safety come last always.
Officers Training Academy (OTA):
The Officers Training Academy held in Chennai and Gaya. OTA is a training institute of the Indian Army that trains officers for the Short Service Commission. The Officers Training Academy will train the cadets for the branches of Indian Army. “Serve with honor” is the motto of Officers Training Academy Chennai.
The Indian Naval Academy conducts basic training for the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard. It is located in Ezhimala near Payyanur, Kannuru District, Kerala. The Indian Naval Academy has a 7 km beach front of the Arabian Sea. Previously Indian Naval Academy is known as NAVAC.
Indian Air Force Academy:
The Indian Air Force Academy is located in Dundigal nearby 25 km of twin cities Hyderabad and Secunderabad. The IAF Academy will train all the selected cadets in a single place. The Indian Air Force Academy will also train the officers of the Indian Army and Indian Navy.
Age Limits for Combined Defence Services Exam:
- For Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years
- For Air Force Academy 19-23 Years
- Officers Training Academy 19-25 Years
- For Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Educational Qualifications for Combined Defence Services Exam:
• Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy minimum qualification is Degree from any recognized university or its equivalent
• Naval Academy and Air Force academy minimum qualification are a recognized university B. Sc with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering
• Those who are appearing for final year they also eligible to write this exam. But on a given date by UPSC they have to submit their final year marks memo
Click here to see the exam syllabus.
Indian Military Academy
Naval Academy(Objective type)
Air Force Academy (Objective type)
|1. English||100 Marks|
|2. General Knowledge||100 Marks|
|3. Elementary Mathematics||100 Marks|
Officer’s Training Academy
|1. General Knowledge||100 Marks|
|2. English||100 Marks|
Marks for SSB Interviews
IMA, NA and AFA
Qualities for Officers:
Social Adaptability, Organizing Ability, Speed of Decision, Self Confidence, Effective Intelligence, Reasoning Ability, Group Influencing Ability, Liveliness Integrity, Power of Expression, Determination, Initiative, Courage, Cooperation, Sense of Responsibility, Stamina.
Click here to see the CDS Exam syllabus (link will be updated soon)
This all about Combined Defence Service Examination. To know about UPSC examinations, please contact us through comments or mail. We are always here to help you. Please share this article with your beloved friends through Facebook, twitter and Google Plus. Stay connectd with us for more updates.