UPSC Indian Engineering Service Exam (IES) Details
The Indian Engineering Service Exam is the only one exam to get a prestigious job in Indian Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering organizations which are under the government of India. Indian engineers are known as the best in the world. UPSC every year conducts the Indian Engineering Service Examination to recruit the candidates for the sectors of railways, roads, defense, manufacturing, inspection, supply, construction, public works, power, electrical, telecommunications, etc. There are large numbers of candidates applying every year to attend the exam. The Indian Engineering Service are Group A Engineering Service that meet the technical standards of Government of India. This Group A Service are appointed by President of India based on recommendations from UPSC.
Work nature of IES officer depends upon their Engineering branch and the service where they are recruited. The Indian Engineering Service officer can move to any organization, department, agency and ministry of the Government of India on deputation. After five years of service they can move to their parent cadre.
Indian Engineering Service Exam (IES) Recruitment available under the Government Organizations:
• Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS)
• Central Water Engineering Service (Central Water Commission)
• National Highways Authority of India
• Border Roads Organization (Border Road Engineering Service)
• Survey of India
• Indian Defense Service of Engineers
• Central Engineering Service (Central Public Works Depart)
• Indian Railway Service of Engineers
• Indian Railway Stores Service
1. Border Roads Engineering Service (Border Roads Organization)
2. Central Power Engineering Service (Central Electricity Authority)
3. Indian Defense Service of Engineers (Military Engineer Service)
4. Indian Inspection Service (Directorate General of Supply and Disposals)
5. Indian Naval Armament Service (Directorate of Naval Armament)
6. Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (EME), Indian Army
7. Indian Railway Stores Service
8. Indian Supply Service (Directorate General of Supply and Disposals
9. Central Water Engineering Service (Central Water Commission)
10. Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Central Public Works Department)
11. Central Engineering Service (Ministry of Road Transport & Highways)
12. Indian Naval Stores Service (Indian Navy)
13. Indian administrative service
14. Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS)
15. Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
16. For development industries only for mechanical Engineering
1. Indian Defense Service of Engineers (Military Engineer Service)
2. Indian Naval Armament Service (Directorate of Naval Armament)
3. Indian Railway Stores Service
4. Indian Supply Service (Directorate General of Supply and Disposals)
5. Central Power Engineering Service (Central Electricity Authority)
6. Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS)
7. Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Central Public Works Department)
8. Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
9. Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (EME), Indian Army
10. Indian Naval Stores Service (Indian Navy)
Age Limits for Indian Engineering Service:
21-30 years as on 1st August 2016. And age relaxation is applicable as per government norms.
Educational Qualifications for Indian Engineering Service:
Graduation of BE / B.Tech in Engineering from any authorized university or Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) i.e., A.M.I.E., or M.Sc degree from any recognized university in Electronics, wireless communications, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as Special subjects also acceptable. Those who are appearing for final year also eligible to attend the exam.
|Paper I (Objective type)||General Ability Test|
(Part A: General English)
(Part B: General Studies)
|Papers II & III (Objective type)||Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineeringg||200 Marks for each paper|
|Papers IV & V(Conventional Type)||Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Telecommunication Engineeringg||200 Marks for each paper|
|Total marks for writing Examination||1000 Marks|
|Personality Test||200 Marks|
Recruitment Process for Indian Engineering Service:
Indian Engineering Service Examination is four stage examinations. It is called as Engineering Service Examinations (ESE). Most of the toppers of this exam are coming from IIT’s, Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani, NIT’s and IIS only.
The first stage in the first day is 200 marks with 2 hours Objective type exam to check General Ability of a candidate. This exam consists of General English and General Studies.
The second day stage 2 is allocated for the Objective Technical Papers (II & III). There is a separate exam for each paper being of 2 hours in duration and each paper is a maximum of 200 marks
The stage 3 is allocated for the Conventional Technical Papers (IV & V). Each exam duration is 3 hours. Each Paper is a maximum of 200 marks. Those who are qualified in objective type exams their papers only valued in the third stage.
This stage is Personality test. Those who are qualified all the 3 stages will be called for a personal interview. The interview will be based on the in and out around their own state or country as well as in modern currents of thought and new discoveries.
This is all about Indian Engineering Service Examination. If you feel this article is useful, please write a comment to us. In addition, share this with your beloved friend through Facebook, twitter and Google Plus. Stay with us for all new articles regarding UPSC Indian Engineering Service Examinations.