- 1 The UPSC Indian Economic Service (IES) Details for Jobs seekers in India
The UPSC Indian Economic Service (IES) Details for Jobs seekers in India
The Indian Economic Service (IES) is the Administrative Civil Services under Grade A of the Central Civil Services. The IES is combined competitive examination for recruitment to Grade IV officers of the Indian Statistical and the Union Public Service Commission conducts the exam. The IES are for economic analysis, advising for designing and formulating development policies, evaluating and monitoring the public programs.
Career for UPSC IES Jobs Seekers in India
The Union Public Service Commission will conduct Indian Economic Service exam every year. This year notification may release on 6 February 2016 and exam conducted on 13 May 2016. Role of IES is dealing with areas such as economic reforms, regulation, price fixation, monitoring and evolution. Indian Economic Service Officer also deals with economic administration, economic advice, implementation of development policy and programs. While making policies in social sector Indian Economic Service officers are very crucial.
Age limit for the Indian Economic Service (IES):
Age limit for IES is 21-32 years. For SC/ST, OBC age relaxation is applicable as per UPSC norms.
Educational Qualification of Indian Economic Service (IES):
For Indian Economic Service Post graduation from any recognized Indian university in Business Economics, Economics, Applied Economics, and Econometrics.
Written Examination Pattern:
|INDIAN ECONOMIC SERIVCE|
The candidates who are qualified in the written examination, which is conducted by UPSC, those are called for Personality Test or Viva-Voce test followed by a medical examination.
Those who qualify in medical examination appointed after receipt of satisfactory and character verification reports.
Hierarchy of Indian Economic Service:
- Higher Administrative Grade (Senior Economic Adviser, Senior Adviser, equivalent to the level of Addl. Secretary in the Govt of India)
- Higher Administrative Grade (Principal/Chief of Economic Adviser and equivalent to the level of Additional Secretary in the Govt of India)
- Senior Administrative Grade (Economic Adviser, Adviser, equal to the level of Joint Secretary in the Government of India)
- Junior Administrative Grade (Joint Director or Deputy, Economic Adviser or Deputy Adviser, equivalent to the level of Deputy Secretary in the Government of India)
- Junior Time Scale (Assistant Director)
- Non-Functional Selection Grade (Director/Additional Economic Adviser, equivalent to the level of Director in the Govt of India)
- Senior Time Scale (Deputy Director/Assistant Commissioner /Assistant Adviser /Senior Research Officer, equivalent to the level of Under Secretary in the Government of India)
This is all about Indian Economic service examination, for more details regarding IES examinations please stay with us we will provide you latest updates. Please share this article with your friends via facebook and Google plus. For any queries you can contact us through mail or comment. We are always here to help you.